Identity Theft Insurance
Each member will also receive up to $25,000 worth of insurance coverage*. Identity theft insurance is underwritten by a nationally recognized Insurance Carrier with an ďAĒ or better AM Best Rating. This coverage will help members offset some of the cost of restoring their identity to its original status, including:
- Lost wages: $500.00 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
- Re-filing of loans
- Send all necessary electronic notifications
- Defense cost for certain civil and criminal lawsuits: Reasonable and necessary fees incurred in the United States by the insured with carrierís consent for an attorney appointed by them for:
- Defending any civil or criminal suit brought against the insured by a creditor, collection agency or other entity acting on behalf of a creditor for non-payment of goods or services, or default on a loan solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against the insured solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Reimbursement of fees: Reasonable and necessary costs incurred in the United States by the insured for:
- Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity event.
- Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls and postage solely as a result of the insuredís efforts to report a stolen identity as and/or amend or rectify records as to the insuredís true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months after the insuredís discovery of a stolen identity incident.