Identity Theft Program
PREVENTION to PROSECUTION SOLUTION™
Identity theft is the fastest growing financial crime in America, striking millions of victims each year. In a matter of seconds, personal information such as a social security number, a credit card number or an address can be stolen and used to obtain a new mortgage, line of credit or additional credit cards.
In addition, Keyloggers are quickly becoming the most prevalent tool used by identity thieves. These self propagating viruses steal your keystrokes and the information contained as you navigate the internet.
Our unique identity theft solution is the only one in the country that legitimately provides a tool that helps prevent identity theft. Our Keylogging Defense System™ will allow members and their families to conduct safe Internet commerce. Members can bank, shop, E-mail and provide sensitive information over the Internet without the threat of keylogging viruses stealing their information. Our unique identity theft program provides members with a true Prevention to Prosecution Solution™.
Product Benefits and Features
Not all identity theft is computer related, as such our program provides our members with a complete restoration solution. Our Recovery Team will manage the process from beginning to end. The team includes fraud investigators, identity theft experts, and legal counsel. The following services are provided to all members:
Keylogging Defense System™
Keylogging is far and away the number one
identity theft threat to you and
your business. Spyware, phishing,
computer viruses, cookies, lost
laptops, data breaches and lost
wallets are generally what the
average person thinks of when
envisioning the risk of identity
Keylogging is a far more insidious
and prevalent threat! It is a
powerful breed of self propagating
software that can copy users
keystrokes. Thats right!
A keylogger records every keystroke
you make to a log file and then
forwards that file on to an identity
unique, patent pending, Keylogging
Defense System provides
a solution that enables users
to mitigate the keylogging threat
and prevent the information leakage
to current as well as future keyloggers.
Does It Work?
program beats the keyloggers at
their own game by encrypting every
keystroke at the keyboard level
and then reroutes those encrypted
keystrokes directly to your browser.
Our Keylogging Defense System
bypasses the multiple communication
areas that are normally vulnerable
to keylogging attacks that could
compromise your vital information.
our defense system, you can now
email, access critical business
applications, browse, shop and
bank with confidence knowing that
each and every keystroke is encrypted
and not being transmitted to an
awaiting Identity Thief. Our Keylogging
Defense System basically renders
any and all keyloggers useless.
- Protects against new and existing keyloggers
- Encrypts keystrokes between the keyboard and the browser
- Encrypted keystrokes are sent via a separate path that is invisible to keyloggers
- Monitors system so that it cannot be subverted
- Does not require any spyware database updates
- Uses a CryptoColor® alert system
Prevention / Identity Monitoring*
Identity monitoring searches and monitors for past history as well as real time identity frauds or threats. This service includes:
- Secure, hassle-free identity monitoring
- Actionable identity alerts
- Monthly email updates (optional)
Our Identity Monitoring does much more than monitor credit, offering a solution as robust as the ones used by the nationís leading financial institutions to prevent theft. Identity Monitoring uses innovative technology to detect misuse or even an elevated likelihood for misuse of an individualís Social Security number, name, address, phone, and date of birth. By creating a SNAPD identity blueprint, this program monitors billions of data on a daily basis from sources such as:
- New Credit Cards
- Wireless Carrier Applications
- Retail Credit Card Accounts
- Auto/Mortgage/Payday Loans
- Checking Accounts and Check Reorders
- Utility Accounts
- DMV Records
- Government Databases
- Court Records
- Criminal Records
- Social Security Records
As identity fraud usually precedes identity theft, this type of proactive system is critical to mitigating the extensive and expensive damage perpetrated after an identity is stolen and manipulated.
Identity Theft Restoration
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will act on behalf of our members as a dedicated case manager to:
- Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
- Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific ďFraud PacketĒ via certified mail with pre-paid return instructions.
- Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the memberís behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions.
- Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service.
- Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
- Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, to reinforce memberís rights.
- Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports.
- Utilize real time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable.
- Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
- Provide members with a ďCase Completion KitĒ including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for their personal records.
Identity Theft Insurance
Each member will also receive up to $25,000 worth of insurance coverage**. Identity theft insurance is underwritten by a nationally recognized Insurance Carrier with an ďAĒ or better AM Best Rating. This coverage will help members offset some of the cost of restoring their identity to its original status, including:
- Lost wages: $500.00 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
- Re-filing of loans
- Send all necessary electronic notifications
- Defense cost for certain civil and criminal lawsuits: Reasonable and necessary fees incurred in the United States by the insured with carrierís consent for an attorney appointed by them for:
- Defending any civil or criminal suit brought against the insured by a creditor, collection agency or other entity acting on behalf of a creditor for non-payment of goods or services, or default on a loan solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against the insured solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Reimbursement of fees: Reasonable and necessary costs incurred in the United States by the insured for:
- Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity event.
- Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls and postage solely as a result of the insuredís efforts to report a stolen identity as and/or amend or rectify records as to the insuredís true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months after the insuredís discovery of a stolen identity incident.
Lost or Stolen Credit Card Assistance /
Document Recovery Services
In the event their credit cards are misplaced or stolen Privacy Advocates will provide members with assistance including:
- Consult with member to determine the severity of the event
- Obtain credit reports from each of the three major credit
- Contact each credit card company or other financial institution with the member via teleconference
- Cancel members affected credit cards
- Request new replacement cards
- Place fraud alerts with all three major credit bureaus
- Assist members with interpreting their credit reports
- Provide daily ID monitoring for six months to help proactively prevent any additional identity fraud
- Provide credit dispute assistance
- Assist with additional lost items including driverís license, library, and other membership cards
Unlimited Legal Care at Discounted Rates
With this program, identity theft victims can defend themselves against crimes committed by an identity thief. In addition to the $25,000 worth of coverage provided by our identity theft insurance, our program provides members with access to a proprietary attorney network that will represent members as the low hourly rate of $125.00, or when appropriate, a 40% discount off their usual and customary hourly rate. In fact, members may use this program to prosecute identity thieves.
This is the only Identity Theft Program in the country that provides unlimited discounted legal care, enabling members to both defend themselves against a theft, and prosecute thieves.
With a nationwide network of plan attorneys, Legal Club is the sole identity theft vendor that can offer members this important plan enhancement.
Member, their spouse, significant other, domestic partner, any children between the age of 18 and 25, and any dependents who are living with and are dependent upon the member such as a parent or grandparent are eligible.