Small Business Legal Plan
The rising costs of health insurance and the overall running a business has made it very difficult for business owners to makes ends meet. Legal Club helps alleviate some of that financial pressure by providing business owners with access to a nationwide network of pre-qualified attorneys that will provide them with free and discounted legal care.
Members will have access to plan attorneys that will provide them with the following services:
Free Attorney Provides Services:*
- Unlimited initial phone consultations during business hours for new legal matters.
- Attorney will review as many as 5 independent documents each quarter. These include business documents, contracts, signed or unsigned, up to 10 pages each.
- Initial telephone calls made on behalf of your business if deemed appropriate by your plan attorney (two per month). Follow up calls are made at the guaranteed low hourly rate.
- Initial letters written on behalf of your business if deemed appropriate by your plan attorney. Three per month for new subjects; follow up letters are written at the guaranteed low hourly rate.
- Initial collection letters are limited to 10 per quarter. More than 10, and any follow up letters are written at the guaranteed low hourly rate or at the contingency fee percentage, depending upon what you and your plan attorney decide.
- One on one consultations for each new legal matter. Thirty minute time limit per subject matter. Time over the 30 minutes per subject will be at the guaranteed low hourly rate.
- Registered Agent for your business in the state in which you are incorporated as well as other states where you do business.
In many states Attorney liability may require
Plan Attorneys to obtain a retainer from the
member prior to providing some of the free member
benefits. (see definition above).
Additional Member Benefits:
Guaranteed Low Hourly Rates**- Plan attorneys have contracted to charge no more than $125.00 per hour, or 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater, for legal care that goes beyond the free services described above. In most cases, the attorneys will be able to estimate the amount of hours any given case may consume prior to beginning work on the case.
Retainers** - In the case of extended legal care, plan attorneys may ask you for a retainer. Any retainer sought will be computed by multiplying the number of hours a plan attorney believes a case will take, by the appropriate discounted hourly plan rate. For instance; 10 hours x $125.00 = a retainer of $1,250.00. Any unused portion of the retainer will be returned to the member.
Contingency Fee Discounts** - Attorneys often work on a contingency fee basis on such cases as personal injury and collections. This fee is usually expressed as a percentage of the amount collected or awarded. In collection matters, your attorney will accept 18% if the case is settled before formal court proceedings begin. After proceedings begin, the fee is 27%. On all other contingency matters there is a 10% discount on the lower of either the state maximum or the attorney’s standard rate.
** Court costs and filing fees additional. Program is not insurance coverage.